- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Levi Stephenson is a Carroll County 4-H member who has earned the honor of being on the State Livestock Judging Team.
What a wonderful young man who has served our county well. Last week, Levi and the Kent-ucky team participated in the Keystone International Livestock Exposition where the team scored the second highest team in the competition.
Levi was the top individual in the junior contest, scoring 832 points.
There were 22 collegiate, 4-H and FFA teams, with 107 members. They judged classes of cattle, swine and sheep, and presented reasons.
Top five collegiate teams:
1. The Ohio State University, 4,705 points
2. University of Missouri, 4,612 points
3. Western Kentucky University, 4,491 points
4. Penn State University, 4,423 points
5. University of Florida, 4,423 points
Top five junior teams:
1. Indiana FFA, 2,460 points
2. Kentucky 4-H, 2,458 points
3. Kentucky FFA, 2,442 points
4. Maryland 4-H, 2,429 points
5. Ohio 4-H, 2,404 points
Top five collegiate individuals:
1. Emily Limes, OSU, 963 points
2. Adam Fennig, OSU, 946 points
3. Chris Hudson, Missouri, 945 points
4. Rebecca Wallen, Ohio State University, 938 points
5. Austin Bailey, Missouri, 933 points
Top Five Junior individuals:
1. Levi Stephenson, Kentucky 4-H, 832 points
2. Kyle Cooney, Maryland 4-H, 827 points
3. Megan Maroin, Indiana FFA, 826 points
4. Matt Maroin, Indiana FFA, 826 points
5. Rachel Drumm, Kentucky FFA, 820 points
The Keystone International Livestock Exposition is the largest livestock show on the East Coast, featuring nearly 4,000 animals, including beef cattle, horses, sheep and pigs.
4-H photography club info session
An informational session will be held at 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 23, at the Extension office, for those 4-Hers interested in entering photography competition at next year’s county and state fairs. Tips and advice will be provided by Kristin Beck.
Joyce Doyle is the Carroll County Extension agent for 4-H and youth development. Call her at (502) 732-7030 or send e-mail to JWDoyl2@email.uky.edu.