A fire starting inside a TV set in a back bedroom destroyed a Carrollton family’s home Friday, according to Carrollton Fire Chief Mike Terrell.
Billy Welch’s home at 914 Eighth Street caught fire early Friday evening. The call came in at 5:13 p.m., and Carrollton Fire Department was dispatched.
In a Tuesday interview, Terrell said Welch’s son was asleep in the front room and awoke when his father walked in the door and the dogs started barking. Father, son and all three dogs, made it out safely. No one was injured in the fire.