It’s that time of the year again; the fall chill is in the air. Now we start thinking about using our woodstoves, fireplaces, kerosene heaters and other devices to help heat our homes and workshops.
There are some precautions we should consider before we fire up the heat for the first time.
Has the flue/chimney been cleaned and inspected by a professional/competent person?
Have we allowed enough space between these heat sources and any combustible materials?
Do we have a working smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector?